Shared Vision and Common Purpose in First Nation Education
The First Nations with Schools Collective is a collaborative partnership between eight First Nations in Ontario seeking to share effective practices in education governance, Indigenous schooling practices and education resource analysis for First Nation education system transformation in their respective communities.
Nation delegates form a strong Anishinaabek-Haudenosaunee network that centres the dialogue from a strength-based approach using the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) model to solve unique governance and development issues in education and to inform public policy.
From the great Anishinaabek Nation:
• Chippewas of the Thames First Nation
• M’Chigeeng First Nation
• Mississaugas of Credit First Nation
• Sagamok Anishinawbek First Nation
• Walpole Island First Nation
• Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve
From the great Haudenosaunee Nations:
• Oneida Nation of the Thames First Nation
• Six Nations of the Grand River